Cressy’s construction division has experienced extensive growth in 2018 and has the experience and expertise to assist clients through every phase of the construction process.
Whether it be a ground up building or remodeling of an existing building, our clients benefit from partnering with our project managers and on-staff architect to successfully complete their project on time and on budget.
Our on Staff Architect Partners with you Every Step of the Way
Cressy’s Director of Construction Services Rick Sampson and on-staff Architect and Project Manager Josh Higginbotham, are excited to be a part of your next project.
Find out Why….
Q: What makes the Construction & Development Division of Cressy Commercial Real Estate unique?
A: For the past 70 years, Cressy has been a local, family owned and operated company, which contributes to making it a wonderful place to work for and work with. Our construction and development division has been serving the community since 1962. We developed University Park Mall, Edison Lakes Corporate Park and the retail corridor you see today along Main Street and Grape Road in Mishawaka.
Q: What are the benefits of working on a project with Cressy Commercial Real Estate?
A: Throughout our years in business, we have fostered valued, long-term relationships with area vendors and subcontractors which allows us the opportunity to negotiate pricing that is within our client’s budget. In addition, we can self-perform multiple trades, reducing lag time between projects and enabling us to be an all-inclusive company. You will find that our team is experienced in managing renovation projects so that the clients can remain fully operational while we work. At Cressy, we can do it all from finding the right property, constructing or renovating the building, designing the space and managing the property.
Q: Tell us about the new Cressy Design Studio premiering later this year. What can be expected?
A: The Cressy Design Studio will be a great way to showcase our creativity, cost sensitivity and ability to be budget conscious while implementing current building practices. We will display products from preferred vendors and it will
enable clients to experience the quality Cressy Commercial Real Estate offers. In the pre-design phase, we have a conversation with the client about their needs, wants and aesthetic preferences. We can then bring them into the studio to discuss specifics on fixtures, flooring, paint and more. The
goal is to help our clients visualize their dream and turn it into a reality. It will save the client time by providing all the information upfront to make informed decisions, minimizing delays and cost.
Cressy Construction believes the best approach to planning a development is through teamwork.
When designing a building:
• We consider the lifecycle cost of the project in addition to the initial cost.
• We make recommendations to reduce ongoing maintenance and make repairs more predictable and easier to budget.
• We have an in-house quality assurance team that oversees the cleaning of over 5 + million square feet of real estate in our area. The QA team provides the exclusive benefit of monitoring finish materials’ durability throughout the product life cycle. This experience helps us recommend finishes that meet the demands of a commercial building.
• We collaborate with the brokerage division and the mechanical division. They help us select mechanical electrical and plumbing components based on what is easy, and cost-effective to service as well as equipment that requires less overall maintenance.
• We work closely with the brokerage team and have evaluated all aspects of countless tenant spaces.
• We use this experience to design buildings that maximize flexibility, leasability and foster tenant retention.